Thursday, 4 October 2012

Pasta the best italian thing that I have ever met

Okay so, as you may have already read todays lunch will be pasta. If you know me (which hopefully none of you do) I am in love with pasta its just something that I have to have at least once or twice a week, I know its unhealthy and full of carbs but it is good, and it brings enjoyment to many peoples lives.

The perfect pasta can be many different things but it always has to be cooked with love in mind. As love is the main ingredient to any great dish, may it be a full and robust Bolognese to a timid portion of the perfect sashimi, anything has to be cooked with love to make it great.

So today for lunch I made a tuna pasta toss, a simple and delicious pasta recipe I got from watching the movie "Because I Said So" she makes this pasta in a cooking class so I decided it would be a nice lunch for me to enjoy.


serves 4 or 2 hungry people


  • 400 g Spaghetti or Angel Hair Pasta
  • 70 ml of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 large brown Onion diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
  • 1 large carrot diced
  • 185 g can of tuna drained
  • A small bunch of Parsley roughly chopped
  • A splash of good quality olive oil
  • A good quality hard cheese 
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente and drain in a colander place in a large serving dish. In a hot skillet fry the onion and garlic off in the olive oil for 2 minutes add the carrots and continue frying for another minute. Add the tuna and break up in the skillet, add the parsley and pour into the bowl with the pasta. Toss all together and sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with the good quality oil serve immediately. 

serve with a side salad for a quick and easy dinner for the family or divide and cook for one or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment